Slaymaster is complete!
I won’t go through the tedious painting process in detail; It was mostly block colour and dry-brushing, with a thin ink wash into some of the recesses to pick out detail.
In the comics it’s unclear what colour hair he has. It looks black, but is sometimes coloured with a little bit of brown, which may just be artistic highlighting. I opted to paint it black and give it a token brown dry-brush.
It was no trouble at all to use a fresh, sharp and sturdy scalpel blade to remove the figure from its original Heroclix base. I then glued him to a clear Perspex base from Aetherworks.
Here he is in comparison to the original Daredevil figure. Yes; I had a duplicate; that’s why I used the figure for the conversion in the first place.
And finally, here he is with my Forgotten Heroes entries from last year (including the Marvel Girl I did as a practice run). From left to right: Captain UK, Marvel Girl, Slaymaster, Jenny Everywhere.
Thanks to everyone who’s followed this project over the past week or so. I’m not sure I will start a new figure this month, but I do have one I started and half-completed earlier in the year, so I will probably finish that off just to stay in the game.