Insecticon update: (Mike Boynton)

My molds shrunk and I cast the models and the miniatures came out more than a head shorter than before. I knew the shrinkage would not be much so I was not disappointed as all my molds and casts came out well.
I cast up the three molds and used green stuff to fix up the casts minis. I had to mold the originals prone but for the second mold I cut up the 1st casts and placed all three in one mold box to shrink them a second time. I decided to also do Sound Wave’s tape robots as well becuse I would have enough  silicone to make another shrink mold.
My mix was the same as before with 30% mineral spirits. All I need to do is wait seven days for the mineral spirits to evaporate then cast, model, paint and I will be done.
Cheers,
Mike
Advertisements

2 thoughts on “Insecticon update: (Mike Boynton)”

  1. I’m intrigued by this project. Me cutting up and repositioning limbs pales into insignificance when placed alongside this…this…alchemy! This is the kind of thing that can get you burnt as a witch. 😉

    Great stuff, Mike. Really impressed by this.

    Like

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.